SOL CAMPBELL: I WILL NEVER GET A FOOTBALL COACH JOB IN RACIST UNITED KINGDOM!

ANGRY ex-England star Sol Campbell is planning to quit Britain because there’s “no work” for black managers.
sol campbell, england, manager, coachSol Campbell believes he should move abroad to coach as he said there are no oppportunities for black coaches in the UK [ACTION IMAGES]
The Arsenal legend claims there are no jobs here due to a racist attitude towards black coaches.
He claims football chiefs will not give black people a shot at the big time because of their “archaic” outlook.
The defender also blasted the Football Association for abandoning him and snubbing him for a coaching role.
Campbell, 39, who is studying for his coaching badges, said: “I want to start abroad. There are no opportunities for me here – not until attitudes change.
“We have to ask why there aren’t more black managers and why the likes of Brian Deane (who is working in Norway) need to go abroad to get a chance. I have spoken to other black players and they feel the same – that the attitudes here are archaic.”
Chris Hughton of Norwich City is one of only four black managers in the UK [GETTY]Chris Hughton of Norwich City is one of only four black managers in the UK [GETTY]
There are just four black managers among 92 professional clubs with Chris Hughton at Norwich the only top-flight boss. Campbell, who won 73 England caps, says the FA are to blame.
He added: “I gave my heart and soul for England but the FA were not there for me when I had problems. Even so, I still wanted to do something with the set-up and they said they were interested but that went cold.
“Then suddenly Gary Neville pops up as assistant manager.
“They just want nice people who won’t cause problems.
“I put out an olive branch and it got broken but I’m ready to move on.”
Campbell is a youth coach at Arsenal as part of gaining his Uefa A licence with the Football Association of Wales. Daily Star reports.

Comments