Sir Alex Ferguson Was David Beckham's First Choice To Manage New Miami-Based MLS Franchise

The newly-retired former Manchester United boss would be Becks No. 1 pick when his new team get up and running.

David Beckham Facebook Q&ADavid Beckham has revealed that his former Manchester United mentor Sir Alex Ferguson would be his first choice as manager of his future MLS franchise.
During a global Q&A and book signing on Facebook to promote his new self-titled book, DB/Becks/GoldenBalls/God has declared that despite Sir Alex's controversial book, he isn't fussed by Ferguson's dressing room tales and that he won't ever be negative about the man who gave him his dream.
When quizzed on Ferguson's latest autobiography by Jake Humphrey - hosting the Q&A session - Beckham said: "Well, yeah, apparently they [dressing room tales] do [come out].
"I'm not going to sit here and be negative about a man who gave me a chance to play for my boyhood team, who I always dreamt of playing for.
"He gave me the chance to do that, he believed in me and believed in the rest of the young lads who came through this with us.
"The funny thing was I'm involved in the MLS and bringing my own franchise into the league, and actually he was one of the first in my phone book to contact as the manager!
"All joking aside, at the end of the day I wont be negative about Alex Ferguson because he gave me the chance to live my dream."

 The former England skipper, who plied his trade with United, Real Madrid, AC Milan, LA Galaxy and Paris Saint-Germain (not a bad list) during his career answered a multitude of questions from fans across the globe.
The 38-year-old, who had 115 caps for his country, scoring 17 times, answered on topics such as the MLS, potential coaching plans, struggles with retirement, what he'd do if he hadn't made it as a professional his favourite goal and choosing between Messi and Ronaldo. Here's a few of his best answers:
"Miami is one of those places - there were a few others we looked at - and I'm passionate about that and being an owner of a team is something I feel passionate about.
On coaching:
"I love coaching kids, my own kids and other kids - but management is not something that floats my boat."
On leaving Manchester United:
"When I joined Manchester United I never wanted to leave them, when they told me they were going to sell me was the first time I spoke to Real Madrid."
"I knew my dream was over and I had to speak to another team. I couldn't watch United for two years, I was that gutted. It was that difficult to leave."
On career regrets:
"There's nothing I regret in my career. Only thing I wish I achieved was winning a trophy with England."
On his idols:
"My favourite player of all time is Zidane. My hero is Bryan Robson... But if I had to pick one it would be Zidane.
On Messi or Ronaldo:
"It's so difficult to pick between Messi and Ronaldo, they are virtually untouchable. They are great players and great professionals - but I can't pick between the two of them." (Pah - Fence sitter)
On Playing for England in Brazil:
"I will definitely be in Brazil this summer. It's going to be one of the best, without a doubt."
(Okay, so he's just going to watch, but if Michael Carrick isn't going to play then we might as well take him)

Comments