''I AM NOT SICK OR HOSPITALISE'' – Prof. DORA AKUNYILI!


Prof. Dora Akunyili
 Prof. Dora Akunyili has rebuked the report in today’s (18.01.2014) Saturday Independent that she had been hospitalized in the US.
In a message posted on her Facebook Wall, she urged the public to disregard such untrue and malicious information.
“This story is false, misleading and raises unnecessary anxiety about my state of health. It is an unfortunate fabrication which the reporter went ahead to publish despite information to the contrary given to him by my husband, Dr. Chike Akunyili,” Prof. Akunyili wrote.


Below is the full statement as published on her Facebook Wall, headlined, “I AM NOT SICK OR HOSPITALISED.”


“My Dear Friends,

“A very good morning to you all!

“My attention has been drawn to a report this morning in a Nigerian newspaper claiming that I am hospitalised in the U.S. and that there is anxiety over the state of my health.

“This story is false, misleading and raises unnecessary anxiety about my state of health. It is an unfortunate fabrication which the reporter went ahead to publish despite information to the contrary given to him by my husband, Dr. Chike Akunyili.

“For the record, I am not hospitalised and there is no anxiety whatsoever over my state of health. It is true that I was sick LAST YEAR but I am well “now. I am currently visiting my children in the U.S. and living an active life.

“Contrary to the claim by the reporter that I have not appeared in public for long, I attended last Saturday’s Reception for Anambra Governor-elect, Chief Willie Obiano, organised by USAfrica in collaboration with Anambra Communities in the Diaspora at Hilton Westchase Towers, Hilton, Texas, USA. My presence at the Reception was well reported online.

“Please disregard the story about my alleged sickness as it lacks substance.

“Thanks and God bless you all.

Comments