''I WILL BE A BETTER HUMAN BEING THIS TIME AROUND IF RE-ELECTED IN 2015!'' FORMER IMO STATE GOVERNOR, IKEDI OHAKIM SAYS SORRY TO IMO PEOPLE.

A lot happened during his tenure, ranging from insults to the people of Imo State, assaulting a citizen in his office, flogging a clergy, to mention but a few, even to the extent of nicknaming himself ''IKIRI'' , which you all know the meaning. After all the that, a day like this day came and a man has to do what he needs to do to get back into the minds of his people.
The former governor Chief Ikedi Ohakim has asked for forgiveness from all those he offended during his tenure as governor of the state and promised he will return to complete his tenure in 2015. Ironically, he stopped just short of admitting he did all those lots.
Ohakim made the appeal yesterday while playing host to the people of Okigwe who called on him at his country home. According to Ohakim, those he offended included the sacked school teachers verified by the state government, the operators of illegal shanties on the major roads in the state, the banned commercial motorcycle riders among others. He said he thought he was doing the right thing but expressed surprise that during the campaign for governorship election in the state in 2011, the incumbent governor used it against him to get himself into power.
On the purported flogging of a clergy man, the former governor maintained that his political detractors used it as a campaign strategy to edge him out of the Government House, saying he never assaulted any clergy, just as he added that he has been vindicated by the said victim.
“I apologise to the street traders, the school teachers, about 44 of them who underwent a verification excercise, even though it is sad that most of them are campaigning for the present government, the Okada riders who thought I have offended them; I thought I was doing the right thing,” Ohakim begged.

While deliberating on his next political ambition, Ohakim stated that it would be his desire to complete his tenure as provided by the constitution, but noted that his party’s decision was paramount as he promised to abide by any decision taken by his party. “I will seek the authorisation of my party in line with the constitution to continue my tenure, but that does not mean I will not abide by my party’s decision; I am not desperate; my ambition is to fly my party’s flag”.
I will be a better human being now , those party members who voted for me, it is only me that can assuage their suffering, I have not declared but only consulting” Ohakim stated.

Comments