MY DAUGHTER I HAVE NEVER MET IS FIVE TODAY, PLEASE JOIN ME IN WISHING HER HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Zoey Ezii Dikachi Frank-Dibia
Dear Ezii, that time of the year has come again. That time when the thought of you runs like a wildfire in my mind, your Birthday! This time around your fifth birthday. Five years has gone and we have never even met and I still have the courage to call you my daughter because I know that the same blood that runs in me flows in you. I miss you loads daughter, irrespective of whatever I may have around me right now and it hurts because it hurts. I try not to think about you, but at times like this, it becomes very difficult if not impossible.

I have never seen nor have I been allowed to speak to you after all my efforts. I did hear your voice last well over a year ago and at a time I requested to speak with you, but was turned down by your mum, sighting that she was not able to speak to your big brother Zizzy who stays with your aunt back home in Nigeria. The flow of tears on my chick was so uncontrollable and I had to take a few days off-work because I couldn't deal with it. I thought I could think less of you at least to keep my emotions in check, but little did I know that I have your birthday reminder saved in almost all my electronic gadgets. Even my colleagues at work know all about you and I have been inundated by the number of happy fifth birthday messages for you from them.

Daughter, I have no option but to continue to recycle this one and half year old picture of yours, because I have long been blocked from where I get your pictures updates.
I was told a couple of days ago that you lost a tooth earlier in February this year, which I thought was quite early and which is another very important milestone in every child's life. I have missed in virtually every thing about your development.

I could not bother asking for your mailing address to send your birthday gift across after I was made to spend money on your forth birthday gift and was refused your mailing address at the last minute. Those items are still with me up to today. So that's' why I decided to write you this time around instead.

Am so so sorry Ezii, I do not wish to bother you with too long a letter, knowing it's your BIRTHDAY. Let me allow you to enjoy your day and hoping that by the grace of God we shall meet, recount our ordeals and makeup for the lost times together.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAUGHTER AND HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

Cheers with lots of love from daddy & your brothers and sisters.
Mr Frank.

Comments