#Please Save Me, Nyanya Terror Blast Victim Begs Nigerians.

A victim of the May 1, 2014 bomb blast in Nyanya, the Federal Capital Territory which left scores dead, has made a desperate call to Nigerians to save her life. The victim, Mrs. Monica Solomon, who is at the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada, needs at least N5.3m for plastic surgeries overseas...

According to PUNCH Metro, although skin grafting was carried out on Monica’s hands last week, she is still far from full recovery as Nigerian hospitals lacked equipment to carry out a successful plastic surgery on her face.
Monica’s husband, Adebosin, said, “The skin grafting surgery carried out on her hands were successful and we thank the Almighty God for that; but the doctors in Gwagwalada said they can’t perform the plastic surgery which they estimated will cost about N5.3 million, except my wife is flown out of the country.” He therefore pleaded with Nigerians, and the governments of Kogi and Kaduna states to come to their aid.But Monica’s case has been compounded by the fact that the President’s wife, Dame Patience Jonathan, has excluded her from the N1.4m offer that was given to one of the victims, Chiamaka Dominic.

Monica further alleged that that some TV stations refused to report her ordeal despite several press interviews.Monica told PUNCH Metro that life had been difficult staying in hospital for about five months. She said that although the bandages were usually free, she bought the drugs outside the hospital premises at a high cost.She said, “I need God’s intervention. I need an immediate miracle in my life because I know what I am passing through. If there is any charity organisation that can help me, even if it means flying me out of the country, let them assist me. It is only I who understand what I am passing through. Whenever they dress my wounds, I am always in pains. The last time they dressed my wounds, I was in pains for more than 15 hours.

“Two of us were brought to Gwagwalada Hospital from Wuse General Hospital; the other person is a man. We were interviewed by reporters. However, when the interview was aired on TV, I did not appear in the interview so no help came to me the other person, Dominic, was given financial assistance. “I was surprised to hear on “Political Platform” on RayPower FM that one victim of bomb blast in Gwagwalada has written a letter to the wife of the President thanking her for what she did for them. Let me repeat it loud and clear that the President’s wife gave money but it didn’t get to me.” But the Special Assistant to the President on Gender Matters, Dr. Asmau Abdulkadir, told PUNCH Metro that the N1.4m given to Dominic was from Women for Change Development Initiative, a foundation owned by the President’s wife.

He said there was no provision for Monica because the first lady was acting on the report she saw on a TV station.She said, “The First Lady saw the story of Dominic on the television and thereafter she told me to go and find out what the situation was. When I got to Gwagwalada Hospital, I went to the management who told me that there were two victims of the bomb blast and not one. However, I decided to see both of them, and I took their photographs.“The hospital management gave me the bill for two of them; but when I reported to the first lady and showed her both Dominic and Monica, she said it was only Dominic’s case that was brought to her knowledge. Others may come up later.”Meanwhile, it was learnt that Dominic died two weeks ago, after surgery.

Comments