Abia State Resident Electoral Commissioner Alleges Threat To Her Life

According to punchng.com, the Abia State Resident Electoral Commissioner, Professor Selina Oko has alleged death threats she has been receiving following the inconclusive governorship election conducted in the state on April 11th. Speaking to punchng.com, Professor Oko said she has received threats on how she will be assassinated
 
"Yes, I have been getting calls threatening my life. I have been getting text messages about how they will shoot me through the window of my car. Yes, I have told the security agencies that my life is being threatened"
 
Responding to allegations, the state PDP governorship candidate Dr Okezie Ikpeazu that she is an aunt to the APGA candidate, Alex Otti and is working in favor of him to win, Professor Oko said that is not true. She slammed the PDP Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh for carrying this unverified claims.
 
"He is a liar. He does not know me. I did not know Otti until I came to Abia. I think Otti is from Abia. I am from Afikpo in Ebonyi State. He should go to Afikpo and trace my linage and see whether there is any link at all between me and Otti. I have never known Otti until this time. They are cooking up stories just to whip up sentiments.
 
Besides if I am Otti’s aunt why should I then collect N300 million from him? One of such people whose allegation I read in black and white is the so-called National Publicity Secretary of PDP, Olisa Metuh. He said I am related to Otti. How can somebody at his level get information and not bother to verify it? All he did was to rush to the media and put it in black and white. There is something wrong with him. He is not fit to be a leader" she concluded.

Comments