Amaechi Reacts To Tele Ikuru's Claims Of His Service To The State & Not Getting To Be Paid His Severance Allowance

In response to what the former Rivers Deputy Governor Tele Ikuru said on Sunday during a thanksgiving service at St. Simons Anglican Church, Ikuru-Town in Andoni Local Government Area of the state, with regards to his former boss {Amaechi} denying him his severance benefits after diligently serving him and the state for more than seven years like he did to all other of his former colleagues, Gov. Amaechi issued a press statement yesterday saying;  ...

''“Tele is lying. He did not return any money to me. And I am not aware that he returned any money to the coffers of the state government,” the former governor said in a statement released on his behalf by his media aide, David Iyofor. “My former deputy’s ill-advised comments against me are indeed shameful and pitiable. His attack on me, his disgusting lamentation about parting gifts only goes to confirm what I have always known and said about those on the other side of the political divide in Rivers State(where my former deputy now belongs)- that all they want is to share the resources and commonwealth of Rivers people among themselves.'' 
''This is why they fought me and are still fighting me. “It’s most unfortunate that Tele, who I kept as my deputy in spite of the strong opposition against him, almost everyone was against him but I retained him and even ran with him for a second term, against the advice of most of my political associates, would now attempt to hideously disparage and attack me,'' the statement read in par.  

But Rotimi Amaechi did not want us to know and did not make any mention of, why he did not pay his former deputy of nearly eight year his severance allowance. 

Comments