Senator Ayim Pius Ayim Ex-SGF Narrates: “Lessons Goodluck Jonathan Taught Me”

Former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Senator Ayim Pius Ayim has declared that he learnt a lot of lesions from former President Goodluck Jonathan among which are the virtue of humility and the fact that a leader is not supposed to use more that 40% of his powers or else he would become a nuisance to his people.

In an appreciation letter to the former President, obtained by our correspondent, Ayim stated that he went home with various treasures from Jonathan’s political wisdom box, one of which is that the ambition of any man is not worth the blood of any Nigerian,

The letter read; “I am humbled to convey the warm appreciation of my family to you for the opportunity you gave me to serve my country in the capacity of Secretary to the Government of the Federation for a term of four years.

“As I leave office, I am pleased to go home with two treasures from your political wisdom box i.e. Your ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian; Any person who uses more than 40 percent of his powers would be a nuisance to his people.”

“I must confess that my four years of working under you impacted greatly on my ideas of politics, public office, and faith in God. It was like a school to me. Your humility was infectious. You were never tired of correcting my shortcomings; you rarely get angry, but, above all, you were thorough and diligent” he added.

Ayim noted that; “I leave office a transformed Nigerian in my political thoughts and generally, in my public life. By your attitude, you have set a new political standard; you have introduced a new attitude to the management of electoral outcomes. The lessons of these four years will ever live with me. Let me use this opportunity to say, on behalf of my family, that I am deeply grateful to you. May God grant you peace and more wisdom in your future endeavors.” dailymail.com.ng

Thanks For Visiting Our Blog. Please Drop Your Comment,share, Tweet And Like Us If You Have The Time.

Comments