Gov. Wike Is Also Corrupt, Won’t Appear Before Probe Panel - Amaechi

Former Rivers State, Gov. Rotimi Amaechi spoke, yesterday, in Port Harcourt, while addressing his loyalists as he arrived from Abuja to attend a church program. In his statement, while answering questions concerning the panel setup by the state government to probe his administration, he pointed out that, Gov Wike is 'also corrupt' and that he has documents to which to indict Governor Wike.

Rotimi Amaechi also used the opportunity to express his unwillingness never to appear before  the Justice  George Omereji Commission of Inquiry investigating alleged sale of  the  assets of the state by his government, insisting that the establishment of the commission did not comply with constitutional provisions, that he will only appear before a properly constituted commission in the state.
 
In his words:
“I have been listening while in Abuja to  Nyesom  Wike accusing me of corruption and I laugh. Even Nyesom Wike knows that I don’t like money, he knows that”. “The pressure Wike is putting on us  is to  let somebody call us together to a meeting to withdraw our case  challenging his election from court.. The party has a right to go to court. The law of Nigeria says there is no independent candidate. Even if I, Amaechi, Peterside withdraw, APC will carry on with the case.
 
“The funny thing about the young man is that he knows I know him. I was his governor, I have documents to show that he is a contractor. I am not a thief; so I don’t know what this young man is talking about.”

Comments