Nigerian Family Of Four Killed In House Fire In Maryland USA

A Nigerian family, the Omogbos, lost four of its own to a house fire at Prince George’s county, Maryland, in the United states. The house fire, which started at about 2.30 am (US time) on Tuesday, resulted in the immediate death of Samson and Caroline Omogbo, who also lost their two-year-old twin grandchildren to the same fire, the Cable reports.

According to Washington Post, the twins — Anna and Israel Omijie (picture below)— were pulled from the house by firefighters and taken to Children’s National Medical Centre, where they were pronounced dead.

Elizabeth Omogbo-Omijie, the mother of the toddlers, jumped out of a second floor window to save her life from the choking fire. She sustained head injuries and currently is in the hospital receiving treatment. The fire started when the family was fast asleep, and neighbours, who were awake, were the ones who called the firefighters, hut they arrived a little too late, the report said.