Abducted 14 Year Old Girl Ese Oruru Speaks, Wants To Remain In Kano With Her Alleged Abductor!

Ese Oruru, a 14 yo who was allegedly kidnapped from Bayelsa State to Kano, according to Premium Times said she was not interested in reuniting with her family and denied reports that she was abducted from her home in Bayelsa State. In an exclusive audio recording obtained by the online publication today, the girl also said she eloped with her lover to Kano in order to convert to Islam.

“My name is Aisha Chuwas. I am 17-year-old. I came here to be a Muslim and I will stay here.”

Human rights lawyer, Huwaila Mohammed, who was given access to the girl at the Zonal Police Headquarters in Kano, said upon interrogation, she understood the girl was never forced to convert to Islam. She also had access to Miss Oruru’s lover and established that he is just 18 years old, 'not anywhere above 20'.

“I was surprised when I saw a very small boy. He is just 18-year old. I was enraged thinking that it was an old man involved in the saga. From the way I see it, they eloped not because of religion but love,” she said.

Comments