APC Media Reps Impersonates Goodluck Jonathan In A Statement On The State Of The Nigerian Economy

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has uncovered a plot by APC to bring him in loggerheads with President Muhammadu Buhari by issuing a statement impersonating him. The false statement purportedly issued by GEJ about the present predicament facing Nigeria's economy has been trending on-line for days now.

According to the fake report, Jonathan said rather sadly “if I were the one who had said all these things he said, Nigerians would have eaten me raw.” He went on to add “the APC promised Nigerians a lot and are obviously fading, but I can tell you this, me and my friend Ifeanyi Ubah, we can reverse this mess in less than 4 months” When asked if that statement meant he would be running for the Presidency again in 2019, he declined to comment.
“All I know is, Nigerians should not lose hope. That’s all I can say. If your children studying abroad are forced to come back home, don’t lose hope. If dollar is N600, don’t lose hope. Me and ifeanyi Ubah are working on something big’, the former president was falsely reported to have said.

In response, former president GEJ issued a statement as follows; 
“My attention has just been drawn to a spurious online publication alleging that I made comments on the state of the nation’s economy. This falsehood must have sprung from the writer’s imagination, as I was neither at any forum requiring my interventions on the state of the economy, nor met with any group of newsmen, as claimed in the write-up.
I will simply urge Nigerians to disregard such fabrication, and rather concentrate on working for the good of our nation.” GEJ

Comments