Femi Fani-Kayode Regains His Freedom From DSS Detention, Issues A Statement

Femi Fani-Kayode, has finally regained his freedom today from the clutches of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission {EFCC}. According to reports, FFK was released at about 6 o'clock today's evening from Ikoyi prisons after meeting his bail conditions.

You would recall he was accused of receiving over N800 Million from Central Bank of Nigeria. The former minister insisted that he got the money to do specific assignments given to him by the former President for his presidential campaign, and he has been in detention ever since May 9, 2016, when he was invited for questioning and was subsequently detained

The statement he released today after he regained his freedom read as follows;.."I give thanks to God that I am free after 67 days in detention. I thank my wife, lawyers, children and friends for all their support. This was the worst experience of my life but God was with me all the way. I suffered immeasurably but I count it all as joy. I am innocent of all charges and I look forward to defending myself vigorously in court. 

These charges are politically motivated and I have been severely punished for my political views and criticisms of the government. They are trying to silence me, break me, discredit me and destroy but as long as Jesus is on the throne this will never work. I am strong and I am bold and the struggle will continue''

Comments