Hon. Jibrin Reacts To His Purported Suspension By The Federal House Of Rep!

Hon Jibrin Adbulmumin, the former Chairman of Nigerian House of Representative Appropriation Committee, who made very serious allegations against the Speaker of the House, bothering on smuggling-in of fictitious figures into 2016 budget President Buhari presented to the National Assembly for approval, responds to his purported suspension by the House of Rep.

Mr. Jibrin wrote on his Facebook wall captioned; ''RESPONSE TO MY SO CALLED SUSPENSION.''
''Predictably Speaker Yakubu Dogara ensured I was "suspended" from the House. I wish to state that the suspension is unfounded as the entire process is flawed. The so called suspension is ridiculous, a non issue and a bunch of nonsense that cannot stand anywhere in the world.

As you are aware the matter is a subject of litigation, I have instructed my lawyer, Femi Falana SAN to file charges of contempt against Speaker Dogara and of course th...e House of Representatives. Let me state very clearly that i will never ever apologise to anybody in the House of Representatives. There is no reason what so ever to apologise. I did not commit any offense. I did not abuse my office. I have said it repeatedly that in the five years that I have served in the House of Representatives, I have never corruptedly enriched myself.

In contrast, these are the allegations that I raised against Mr Speaker, 3 Principal Officers and few other Committee Chairmen to which they have not responded till date. The bad news for Speaker Dogara and his corrupt cabal is despite doing their worst and exhausted their bullets by "suspending" me, it has not in any way changed the fact that the Speaker conspired with some Principal Officers to commit monumental budget fraud, corruption and abuse of their various offices.

I stand by all the allegations I raised. I wish to state categorically clear that there exist chronic individual and systemic corruption in the House which has made it difficult for members to assert their independence. It is on the strength of such weak institution that Speaker Dogara continue to flaunt a fake popularity in the House of Representatives. In the next few days I will provide proof of shocking systemic corruption in the House.

In the next few days, Nigerians will know how much the House stinks in corruption. I shall continue this struggle to expose corruption in the House, push for reforms and ensure that justice is served on Speaker Dogara and others.''

Comments