"How Rotimi Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Justice Inyang Okoro

"My Lord, I strongly believe that this my travail is not unconnected with the verbal report I made to you on 1st February 2016 about the visit to my official residence by H/E Rotimi Amaechi, former Governor of Rivers State, now Minister of Transportation. In that report, I told you, my Lord, that Mr. Amaechi said that the President of Nigeria and the All Progressives Congress mandated him to inform me that they must win their election appeals in respect of Rivers State, Akwa Ibom State and Abia State at all cost."

One of the Supreme Court Justices arrested an under investigation by operatives of the Nigerian secret police {DSS}, Justice John Inyang Okoro, has accused Minister of Transport Rotimi Amachi of having attempted to bribe him over three election petitions matters that were resolved earlier this year.

In a letter addressed to the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Okoro narrated his ordeal in the hands of DSS on the night of Friday October 7th and early morning of Saturday October 8th.

He said Rotimi Amaechi came to his house to inform him that both President Mohammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress asked to tell him that they must win their cases in three states of Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Abia states.

The judge said Amaechi told him that he sponsored Umana Umana, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the Akwa Ibom state governorship election. He alleged that Amaechi promised him a monthly pay from Umana once the candidate is declared the winner of the election by the Supreme Court.

The part of the letter where the Supreme Court judge made these allegations appeared like a mere reminder to the CJN. Justice Inyang deployed lines like “My Lord will recall the verbal report I made to you on…”.

Attached above and below are pages of the said letter;




Comments