''How I Survived The Crash'' - Crew Member Of The Crashed Brazilian Flight Reveals!

A crew member who was pulled from the wreckage of the plane crash which wiped out nearly an entire Brazilian football team has said he survived by curling up into a ball just before impact,metro.co.uk reports.

Flight technician Erwin Tumiri spoke for the first time of the terrifying final moments of the CP-2933 plane, which plunged into a mountainside near Medellin in Colombia on Monday night. Mr Tumiri, who suffered minor injuries, said those on board were aware the plane was in serious trouble moments before it crashed.

He told a radio station, ‘I saved myself because I followed the emergency protocol, putting bags between my legs and put myself in the foetal position. ‘I also saw how many passengers rose and began to scream.’

Brazil yesterday began a three day national mourning in memory of the 71 people killed in the disaster including players from the Chapecoense club who were on their way to the final of the Copa Sudamericana championship.

Comments