Former Inspector General Of Police Arase, Writes His Successor, Begging Not To Be Demeaned Over His Alleged Corrupt Practices!

This will tell you how stupid Nigerian leaders thinks the rest of the citizens are. You want to justify your stealing because your predecessors stole and you never queried them. Secondly this is the same man under whose watch more than 150 members of the IPOB were killed like rats by the Nigerian police, because he wanted to be seen as an ally of the APC led federal government.

Here is what Mr Arase wrote;
“I expect that former occupants of the office of the Inspector-General of Police should not be demeaned. This explains why Force Order 295 was emplaced by the force management under my leadership as acknowledged in your letter in reference.

In spite of the emplacement of this order and despite the fact that my two immediate predecessors left office with 13 and nine vehicles of different makes and models respectively, I never pressurised either of them to return any of such vehicles neither did I engage in any act that was capable of bringing them to ridicule as being done to me of late by a force I dedicated my life to serving up to the highest level.

Rather, it is on record that I went the extra mile to source for funds and initiated actions towards purchasing a brand new bulletproof jeep for my immediate predecessor, even after his retirement from service. This was done notwithstanding the fact that I inherited and had to manage a huge debt profile of about N28bn, which limited the financial base of the force at the time.

Among the 13 vehicles, Abubakar took away were a BMW (7 series) bulletproof car; and two Toyota Land Cruiser V8 bulletproof jeeps. Abba also took away a Toyota Land Cruiser bulletproof jeep and a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado jeep along with seven other vehicles.

God had blessed me so much and I was contended to the point that I would willingly surrender all my vehicular entitlements even as contained in the Revised Force Order 295 in the overriding interest of the force and in the sustenance of the legacy of comradeship between an incumbent IGP and his predecessor.

I decided to delay in returning the vehicles, which you (Idris) alleged I took away, as a form of protest against the unfair, untidy and demeaning approach the matter was handled until now.

I harboured no animosity towards you (Idris) and encouraged you to feel free to approach me for advice, just as my predecessors did to me,'' Mr Arase wrote.

He seems to have forgotten who Alex Badeh is?

Comments