Skip to main content

Suicide Bombings: Borno People Co-Operating With Boko Haram – Nigerian Army Chief Buratai

The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai has disclosed that the inability of the army to curb incessant suicide bombings in Borno State is because Boko Haram still has sympathizers among the people.

“I won’t say at this stage that we have been able to make breakthrough in respect of suicide bombings, but we have made substantial progress and we hope it will be sustained,’’ Buratai said on Sunday in an interview.

The army chief called on Borno people to expose the collaborators and indeed, the perpetrators of the dastardly and inhuman act working for Boko Haram terrorists. He noted that the terrorists still have their sympathizers and collaborators among the people.

“Definitely, there is no way you will say that these suicide bombers, who are teenagers, young girls, some even under-age can move in from wherever they are strapped into the town except with the guidance of someone within the town or vicinity.

“We still suspect that there are some sympathizers and collaborators or some members that have sneaked into town hiding and they direct these would-be suicide bombers to targeted areas.

“The issue of suicide bombing is an issue of intelligence which we are working in collaboration with other security agencies and indeed with the civil authority to see how this can be addressed quickly,’’ he said.

According to him, the suicide bombing must be stopped once and for all. The army chief disclosed further that the army had identified one key location of perpetrators of suicide bombings and had destroyed it.

He said the “key area’’ was cleared by troops in conjunction with other security agencies. According to him, this has reduced the incidents of suicide bombings in the last couple of days in Borno, particularly Maiduguri but today’s suicide bombings put a lie to the army general’s assertion.

“By and large, I tell you it – suicide bombing has been reduced drastically. In the last three days, there has been no Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) attack or suicide attacks and this, we hope it will continue.

“They may decide to come but we are able to take out one key area that we are even suspecting, our troops were able to clear them in conjunction with other security agencies.

He added that having won the war, there was the need to also win the peace, an effort, saying this required the collaboration of both military, other security agencies, and the people.

On the plan to reorganize the Operation Lafiya Dole in 2017, Buratai, stressed that the reorganization was now ongoing in spite of pockets of attacks and incidents of suicide bombing. With PM News

Comments

Most Read

Our Photo Of The Day, As Muhammadu Buhari Orders Police To Kill Protesters In Port Harcourt

This is what Muhammadu Buhari and his untrained police did to protesters today in Ph. These are  unarmed protesters shoot by the Nigerian police today.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Exits Nigerian Market, Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew, Close Down Call Centre

According to news reports, Virgin Atlantic Airways has laid off all their Nigerian cabin crew. They were only given three weeks notice and no severance package regardless of length of service will be paid. The air-hostesses they sacked were about 20 in number. The company closed down their Nigerian call centre last year and let go of all the Nigerian staffers. The Owner, you would recall had said sometime in 2012, he was weary of doing business in Nigeria. Here is an extract from a statement Richard Branson issued in 2012 after the ill-fated footsteps he took by setting up a new airline in conjunction with the Nigerian government; “We fought daily battle against government agents who wanted to daily make fortune from us, politicians who saw the government 49% as a meal to seek for all kinds of favour…watchdogs (regulatory body) that didn’t know what to do and persistently asking for bribes at any point…Nigeria people are generally nice but the politicians are very insane…that may …

The Semen-Drinking Sambian Tribe Of Papua New Guinea!

To become a man in this primitive Sambian tribe in Papua New Guinea, boys are removed from the presence of all females at the age of seven, living with other males for ten years. The idea here is to convince everyone in the village that he can live without women.The isolation they encounter not only prevent the boys from having any sexual activities with women, but also from seducing, or being seduced by married women. During the ten years, the skin is pierced to remove any contamination brought upon by women. For the same reason, a sharp stick is inserted into the child’s nostrils until he bleeds profusely. They also regularly incur vomiting caused by consuming large amounts of sugarcane.
Older men now tell the boys that the bachelors (warriors) are going to copulate with them orally in order to make them grow. Throughout the six stages of the tribe’s rite of passage, the boy will perform fellatio (blowjob) to these warriors to, ironically, prove he is a real man. Because shoving manh…

Donald Trump Blasts President Buhari, Says His Priority Is The Full Introduction Of Islam, The Annihilation Of His Political Opponents And Absolute Extermination Of The People Of The Old Eastern Nigeria.

I Trust the US Republican presidential hopeful for being blunt! He said; ''no sensible president continuously travels round the globe while his country is in terrible hardship and economic mess.''
He continued; ''It can only happen in Nigeria where all that matters to the President is the full introduction of Islam, annihilation of his political opponents and absolute extermination of the people of the old Eastern Nigeria
Buhari, prior to his questionable victory at the polls as the President of Nigeria made lots of promises which he has obviously failed to keep and in most cases denied.
As a matter of fact, change could either be ‘positive’ OR ‘negative. To the earlier misconception of Nigerians and current state of the economy as a result of initiation of impracticable economic policies, it wouldn’t be wrong to assert that what president Muhammadu Buhari and his All Progressives Congress promised Nigerians was a NEGATIVE CHANGE.
If Nigeria is a country made up of…

#Former President Shehu Shagari Breaks His Silence And Spoke Out For GEJ!

The first Executive president of Nigeria, Alhaji Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari has broken his silence after 32years of overthrown by General Mohammadu Buhari

This is what he said to AIT news reporter in Sokoto state yesterday;
"Jonathan may not be the best, but I can mention 3 to 4 breakthrough in Nigeria that occurred under his regime.''

''Under this administration, train is now back in Nigeria after about 30yrs of neglect (infact, my 27years old grandchild boarded train for the first time in his life in 2014)'' First Government to construct modern Amajiri schools & 12 Universities.
First Government to construct cargo Airports & ensure all zone in Nigeria has an Int'l airport.

First Government to eradicate the high level corruption in the distribution of fertiliser.
And the very first Government to start diversifying Nigeria economy back to agric after Nigeria lost its agricultural glory in the 70s.

Now I ask, what are Buhari DEVELOPMENTAL…

Couple Show Moment Of Split: Liverpool Boss Brendan Rodgers Said To Have Left His Wife!

Since taking over as Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers has undergone an image makeover to match the glamour of one of the top jobs in football. The 41-year-old has apparently had his teeth whitened and lost a noticeable amount of weight, as well as moving from the family home into a £1.2million flat. And he is also reported to have now started seeing a 31-year-old former employee of the club who has been seen at his new property.
The manager, who grew up in Northern Ireland and previously held the top job at Watford and Reading, has adopted a new and more fashionable image in recent months. He has spent thousands of pounds on having his teeth whitened and lost weight after regularly exercising at the club's Melwood training ground. Mr Rodgers has also moved out of the house he shared with wife Susan, according to The Sun's Guy Patrick, and bought a luxury flat in an upmarket suburb of the city for £1.2million. Neighbours told The Sun he has since been visited at the home by …