Sack Me If You Want, I Have Made My Choice. Buhari's Minister Dares Him!

A video of the President Buhari's Minister of Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan endorsing former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar's for 2019 presidential election, surfaced online yesterday and Nigerian were accusing her of being disloyal to the governmentshe is working for. Well, the Minister has responded to the accusation, saying that she doesn't mind getting sacked because come 2019, if Atiku contests against President Buhari in the presidential election, she will vote for Atiku because he (Atiku) is her godfather and she owes him total loyalty. She said this in an interview with BBC Hausa today. 

But in real democracy or in ideal terms, she suppose to resign from the government since she is no longer in support of the government she is working for, but you know Nigeria na.

Here is her statement; “Atiku is my godfather even before I joined politics. And again, Baba Buhari did not tell us that he is going to run in 2019. Let me tell you today that if Baba said he is going to contest in 2019, I swear to Allah, I will go before him and kneel and tell him that ‘Baba I am grateful for the opportunity you gave me to serve your government as a minister but Baba just like you know I will support only Atiku because he is my godfather.  If Atiku says he is going to contest. If because of what I said, I am sacked, it will not bother me because I believe in Allah, that my time has elapsed that is why… Baba is not a mad man like those calling for my sack. They have been sending it and spreading that if Baba sees this I will be sacked.” she said

Comments