Senate Rejected Me Because I’m Doing My Job Well - Ibrahim Magu

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC Acting Chairman, Ibrahim Magu, says the reason why the Senate has rejected his nomination twice is that he is doing his job very well.

The Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, has on two occasions, stated that despite the Senate's position on his nomination, Magu is going nowhere. Osinbajo last year stated that the presidency can even confirm Magu without the input of the Senate.

Speaking on Channels Television recently, Magu said he is not deterred by the delay in his confirmation.

“I don’t think my non-confirmation has given the public a cause for concern. I think it is a lot of encouragement. The fact that I am not confirmed shows I am working. Really. In the anti-corruption environment, if they rush to confirm you, it means you are not doing your work properly.” Magu said

The EFCC acting chairman went on to say that ''a number of the people we are investigating are also in the national assembly. I am not completely distracted. It is not an issue. Rather, it gives me courage. You wake up in the morning and see some terrible publications about you. Despite all these, we are determined to go ahead. I cannot be distracted with those things. Nobody can purchase me, I cannot compromise what I am doing.”

Comments