Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Members Attack Yet Another Borno Village

According to reports, Boko Haram members invaded Kofa community in Konduga local government area of Borno state Wednesday night, 31/10/2018 and killed many people. The sect members entered the community and began to shoot sporadically, killing mostly the elderly who could not escape and set many houses on fire.

An eyewitness account said; “I ran into the bush for safety, leaving my family and my relatives. I hope they ran away too. They set all the village ablaze. I laid down in the bush for about two hours watching the village burn to ashes. From afar, I heard the noise of people running helter-skelter.” a resident said

In response, the Nigerian military sent troops to the area but on arrival, they found out that insurgents had mixed up with the villagers.

An army spokesman who spoke to news correspondents said: "As I am talking to you now, we are close to the scene of the incident but we cannot strike because it is dark and we cannot differentiate between the insurgents and the villagers. For now, we have been told to be on the alert in case of any unsuspected attack. Troops in Maiduguri have also been briefed.”

Comments