Daughter Of The Shia Muslim Cleric, Nusaiba, Speaks On The Fate Of Her Father

Nusaiba Ibrahim Zakzaky, the daughter of Nigerian Shia cleric Sheikh Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, in her interview granted to the Press TV, speaks about the fate of her family members.

Nigerian army claimed that the Shiites attacked the convoy of the army chief, Tukur Buratai, which left soldiers no option but to retaliate. The group however denied the claim.

The members of the movement have protested in Kaduna over the killings on December 15, Tuesday.
However, the fate of the leader is still unknown. On how the clashes happened.

1. “There was supposed to be some ceremony in Zaria of the army and that some people did say some slogans to them but that was it. He did not see anybody attack them or anything like that and they were there where the people were. It is not like they found these army people and did something to them. They were present near Hussainiyyah and that is where we do some programs there.”

2. “The military surrounded the Hussainiyyah it and they blew up both gates and they later set it on fire after killing so many people.”

On number of people killed in clash

3. “I was told that maybe 450 were killed. But today I was told that about 300 bodies are in the hospital and they believe that probably about one thousand people are dead now.”

On the fate of her father, other members of her family

4. “Well right now, today they called me. I am not completely aware of everything that happened outside because I am only in contact with my parents mostly and the people that are outside the house they cannot really communicate with us. So when my parents called me today, my sister called me at around 12 here (Dubai time) and she told me that they have all been shot.”

5. “They have been left alone for a really long time because now it has been about six hours since they called me and I tried to call people to get them to try to help if they are around there because I asked if there was anybody that helped them and they said no and they have all been shot and there was nothing they could do.

“So I tried to contact so many people that I know so that somebody could help them but later, maybe an hour or two ago I was informed by Seyed Masoud, he works in Islamic Human Rights Commission, he told me that they were transferred now to the barrack and they are going to get some medical attention hopefully but they are not sure exactly.”

On the government’s responsibility

6. “I doubt it. I hope so but they are never held responsible. When they killed three of my brothers, I think, I thought like they were hoping that people will retaliate or do some inappropriate stuff or harm people or even attack the military but we did not do any of those things and I remember my dad was so proud of how we held ourselves. We did not attack anybody, we did ask for them to take responsibility for their actions but we did not want to be violent but they are fighting us as if we have guns. We are not armed but they are shooting us as if we are armed. They are shooting us as if they are fighting an army. And of course I do not know if they will be held responsible. They have never been held responsible for anything they do. They take people out and kill them and nobody cares and there are videos and evidence of everything.

On El-Zakzaky’s teaching

7. “I mean the only thing that I could say is because my dad is trying to get people to understand because in Nigeria people are just oppressed, people do not have rights, the government does whatever they want to do, they have the right to, as you can, see kill anybody and nobody says anything and he is just trying to get people to understand that they have rights, that they should fight for their rights and whoever, I guess, is in power and wants to remain that way does not want that to happen because if people understand that they have rights and they have a choice and they do not have to live the way they are living right now, maybe their power is threatened.”

Comments