Black Caucus Leader Trump Claimed Thursday Refused To Meet Him Says '‘I HAVE NO IDEA WHY TRUMP WOULD MAKE UP A STORY’'

During a very lengthy press conference by president Trump on Thursday, he made mention that Rep. Elijah Cummings, a prominent member of Congressional Black Caucus would not meet with him, possibly because of Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.

He said “Oh, I can’t move, it might be bad for me politically. I can’t have that meeting,” Trump said about Cummings. “I was all set to have that meeting. We called him and called him. Very nice guy.

Trump continued: “He wanted it, but we called, called, called, called. They can’t make a meeting with him. Every day I walk in I say, ‘I would like to meet with him, because I do want to solve the problem.’ But he probably was told by Schumer or somebody like that — some other lightweight — he was probably told, ‘Don’t meet with Trump. It’s bad politics.’ And that’s part of the problem with this country.”

Yet, shortly after the press conference ended, Cummings said that simply was not the case and announced, “I have no idea why President Trump would make up a story about me like he did today,” and pointed out no one, including Schumer, told him to skip a meeting with POTUS.

Cummings also said that he was “actually looking forward to meeting with Trump” and that he “sincerely have no idea” why Trump would make that claim in response to an “unrelated question.”
That question came from American Urban Radio Networks’ April Ryan who asked if the Congressional Black Caucus would be included in Trump’s plans to rehab the inner-cities.

In response, Trump asked Ryan if she was “friends” with caucus members and if she would serve as a go-between to get a meeting set up.

Ryan declined and later tweeted out, “I am a journalist not a convener!”
The CBC also pointed out they had written to Trump. He never wrote back. With latest.com

Read the full statement via NBC News below:
View image on Twitter
Credit NBC News
Hi, @realDonaldTrump. We’re the CBC. We sent you a letter on January 19, but you never wrote us back. Sad! Letter: http://bit.ly/2kD6FhQ 

The Congressional Black Caucus responds to President Trump https://twitter.com/OfficialCBC/status/832316384260526081 
Elijah Cummings statement: “I have no idea why President Trump would make up a story about me like he did today.” pic.twitter.com/8JKBoN4Hi3

Comments