How Bad Could Last Week Have Been For United Airline? As Customer Said To Have Been Stung By Scorpion On Flight!
United Airlines has yet again found itself in a defensive position Friday after a passenger complained that a scorpion stung him during a flight from Texas, being the climax of a very negative week for the public image of one of the world's largest airliner.
The scorpion was reported to have fallen from an overhead bin and landed on the head of a paying United Airline customer, Richard Bell as he ate his lunch. He grabbed it out of his hair, it stung him. His wife Linda told CNN: ''My husband felt something in his hair. He grabbed it out of his hair and it fell onto his dinner table. As he was grabbing it by the tail it stung him''
The plane had flown from Costa Rica to Houston that day, according to a flight-tracking programme, but it’s unclear where the scorpion came from. Flight attendants quickly flushed the scorpion down the toilet and consulted a doctor on the ground to give medical advice
Unites said in a statement: ''Our flight attendants helped a customer who was stung by what appeared to be a scorpion on a flight last week. Our crew immediately consulted with a MedLink physician on the ground who provided guidance throughout the incident and assured our crew that it was not a life-threatening matter.''