Airline Announces Plan To Weigh Passengers Before Letting Them On Planes

In a move which may not be popular with overweight travelers, an airline has announced that it will weigh all passengers before letting them onto their aircraft.  Before boarding, passengers will be asked to step onto a special scale along with their luggage.
 
But Uzbekistan Airways,, based in Tashkent, says that the move is purely for research purposes, to calculate the average weight of passengers and their luggage. The airline says the information is important on smaller planes - and that the airline will keep the information confidential.
 
n a statement, Uzbekistan Airways said, ‘Please be informed that Uzbekistan Airways airline is carrying out the procedure of pre-flight weighing in order to determine the average weight of passengers with hand luggage.
 
‘After passing check-in on a flight and prior to boarding into the aircraft, we will ask you to pass the weighing procedure with a special weighing machine placed in the departure gate zone. ‘The full confidentiality of results is guaranteed.’
 
Commenting on the policy, Sir Bob wrote, ''next it will be what colour are you, what height are you, etc, if anything why not stop hand luggage as most people carry way too much on board, I'm overweight but I never carry hand luggage, it always seems to me that the smaller people are the more they take liberties by laying across seats, stretching out and then reclining them into people’s faces, wanting to use the toilet continually.''
 
He continued, ''I on the other hand feel sorry for the person sitting next to me and do everything I can to give them as much space as I can, I always ask to move if the plane is not full to give people space. On the other hand, if I was to pay more for my weight or have to pay for two seats, I would change my attitude and then we would see who can stretch out, carry big bags on board, go to the toilet continuously and make others feel totaly uncomfortable.'' Yahoo! News

Comments