You Wan Try? Bahamas Shaunae Miller Wins Gold Medal At The Rio 2016 Olympics In The 400 Meters Race By Diving Towards The Finish Line

What will normally earn you a yellow card in football or soccer as the Americans call it, has earned this Bahamian lady a gold medal. Shaunae Miller won a gold medal by diving towards the end of the race. 
She beat American Allyson Felix, who was obviously the favorite to win the race but came second on Monday in the 400 meters race. Thereby preventing Felix from getting a record fifth gold medal. She won the Gold by diving across the finish the line to win by .07 seconds. Her dive will go down as one of the most dramatic images seen at any Olympics.


Miller said she didn't intentionally dive at the end, she said: "I don't know what happened. My mind just went blank," Miller said. "I don't know what happened. My mind just went blank," Miller said. "The only thing I was thinking about was the gold medal, and the next thing I know, I was on the ground."  

"I heard my mom screaming," Miller said. "When I heard her screaming, I was like, 'OK, I had to have won the race.'"

Comments