''I Joined APC To Help President Buhari Fight Corruption'' - Godswill Akpabio

Senator Goodwill Akpabio, former Akwa Ibom state governor, said the major part of the reasons he joined the All Progressives Congress was to help President Muhammadu Buhari fight the twin issues of corruption and poverty.

Speaking after the APC caucus meeting which held at the Presidential Villa, Abuja last night, the former Senate minority leader, Akpabio said President Buhari is an infectious personality, who is still very relevant in the current political dispensation.

“I am quite impressed the President has kept his integrity intact. He has been able to improve the image of Nigeria and restore a lot of respect to Nigeria from the international community. I have also advocated that he also fights the twin brother of corruption, that is poverty. I am joining the APC as a government to stabilize the government and to assist the government to create employment opportunities for Nigerians so that we can fight the twin brother to corruption, which is poverty.

“Poverty creates corruption and corruption deepens poverty, so we need to fight the two together, that is one of the things I find attractive with the APC and believe me with my people in Akwa Ibom State, with my presence in the APC my people in South-South have now seen the light and they say APC is the party to vote for come 2019,” he said

Comments